Dolphin-Emu Club
Hello! You're visiting Dolphin-Emu Club at the moment. It's the corner where people can post screenshots, share saves and discuss games in general. Register to have full access to the forum. If you already have account here, just log in.

Regards, Dolphin Fan-Club administration!
Dolphin-Emu Club
Hello! You're visiting Dolphin-Emu Club at the moment. It's the corner where people can post screenshots, share saves and discuss games in general. Register to have full access to the forum. If you already have account here, just log in.

Regards, Dolphin Fan-Club administration!
Dolphin-Emu Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dolphin-Emu Club

Where Dolphin shines!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A little question about os

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
diegochiha
diegochiha

A little question about os Empty
PostSubject: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Who is better windows xp or windows vista?,and i mean faster running dolphin cheers
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User
Console User: Nintendo Wii

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Depends on your RAM. If you have 2GB for example, you'd better stick with XP, it uses less RAM. If you have 1GB - definetly XP, it's minimal requirement to run Vista (!). If you have more than 2GB, it doesn't matter, will run good on both.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nosound97
Wesker
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 am

Windows 7. Nuff said. Razz
Back to top Go down
richb93
Contributors' Team Member

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:28 am

Wesker wrote:

Absolutely! Using it on my main PC now, however I tested it on my dad's PC which isn't the greatest machine in the world (AMD Sempron Socket 754 1.6GHz Overclocked to 2GHz and 1GB DDR-400 RAM with GeForce FX 5500) and Windows 7 runs superbly on it; in many cases it actually feels more responsive than XP to use along with having great hardware support and best of all shiny graphics lol! The superbar is a great addition as well.

Also if you are thinking about going down the x64 route, I'd not recommend using XP64. Not only was it a flop in sales but hardware support is poor and I believe that Microsoft themselves stopped supporting it a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 am

richb93 wrote:
Wesker wrote:

Absolutely! Using it on my main PC now, however I tested it on my dad's PC which isn't the greatest machine in the world (AMD Sempron Socket 754 1.6GHz Overclocked to 2GHz and 1GB DDR-400 RAM with GeForce FX 5500) and Windows 7 runs superbly on it; in many cases it actually feels more responsive than XP to use along with having great hardware support and best of all shiny graphics lol! The superbar is a great addition as well.

Also if you are thinking about going down the x64 route, I'd not recommend using XP64. Not only was it a flop in sales but hardware support is poor and I believe that Microsoft themselves stopped supporting it a few years back.

I too was surprised as to how well it runs on low-end systems, I scored a free laptop for my girlfriend (1.8ghz P4, 256 RAM) and installed W7 on it and it ran better than XP on my current quad core system rabbit
Back to top Go down
diegochiha
diegochiha

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 am

I got my dirty hands on a vista ultimate lite version it only requires 256 ram affraid
Back to top Go down
richb93

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:08 am

diegochiha wrote:
I got my dirty hands on a vista ultimate lite version it only requires 256 ram affraid

Dunno if its similar to one I have, It's a Vista Home Premium build that has been shrunk to CD size for the install and takes about 3gigs to install. Still has Aero and needs just 256mb of RAM. On my dads PC that said about 350MB free RAM in Task Manager! Much like Windows 7, it is EXTREMELY fast on older PCs and seems to work better than XP!
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:11 am

I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x86 with 4GB of RAM. Going to switch to x64 and get more RAM Smile
Back to top Go down
richb93

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:18 am

nosound.97 wrote:
I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x86 with 4GB of RAM. Going to switch to x64 and get more RAM Smile

I too have 4GB ram and I did use Windows Vista Ultimate. That was until I tried Windows 7! Very Happy I tried it thinking 'Well its worth a go and I'll switch back to Vista later', but I am still using it and intend to up until it expires. (3/2/2010) By then it should have released and I will go out and buy it! Very Happy

If you do want to try 7 any public beta key will work. They can be obtained from the Microsoft site by signing in with a Microsoft Live email account and requesting a key; however if you don't have a Live account or can't be bothered to login I can post keys here. (I believe that this is legal as it is a free key that Microsoft are giving away anyway) Alternatively you can install it without a key but doing this shortens usage of Windows 7 to 30 days.

The ISO of the Windows 7 disc can be found by looking on the web.
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:28 am

Well, I'm not going to move to Windows 7 yet 'cause of my stupid printer. It's nice, but I'm afraid that 7 won't support it. As soon as there would be Windows 7 official release, I'll move to it Smile
Back to top Go down
richb93

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 am

nosound.97 wrote:
Well, I'm not going to move to Windows 7 yet 'cause of my stupid printer. It's nice, but I'm afraid that 7 won't support it. As soon as there would be Windows 7 official release, I'll move to it Smile

I believe that Win 7 has 100% driver compatibility with Vista as it uses the same kernel and driver model. In fact I think all drivers supplied with 7 are Vista ones!
Back to top Go down
diegochiha
diegochiha

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am

richb93 wrote:
diegochiha wrote:

Dunno if its similar to one I have, It's a Vista Home Premium build that has been shrunk to CD size for the install and takes about 3gigs to install. Still has Aero and needs just 256mb of RAM. On my dads PC that said about 350MB free RAM in Task Manager! Much like Windows 7, it is EXTREMELY fast on older PCs and seems to work better than XP!

MM i think is the same it fits in a cd too but its vista ultimate dunno if newer lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little question about os   A little question about os Empty

Back to top Go down

A little question about os
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dolphin-Emu Club :: General Off-Topic :: Open Discussion-
Jump to: