Dolphin-Emu Club
Hello! You're visiting Dolphin-Emu Club at the moment. It's the corner where people can post screenshots, share saves and discuss games in general. Register to have full access to the forum. If you already have account here, just log in.

Regards, Dolphin Fan-Club administration!
Dolphin-Emu Club
Hello! You're visiting Dolphin-Emu Club at the moment. It's the corner where people can post screenshots, share saves and discuss games in general. Register to have full access to the forum. If you already have account here, just log in.

Regards, Dolphin Fan-Club administration!
Dolphin-Emu Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dolphin-Emu Club

Where Dolphin shines!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
userpasswordpassport

Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code Empty
PostSubject: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 am

I read this in Emuforums , i dont know how to compile my own Rev of dolphin, i need to change the CPU_TIMER_RATIO =12 to 8, or 6, because in some games like mario kart wii i dont get full speed, if any knows how to change it i will be very gratified, i need to know how to compile dolphin and change it.
thanks
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User
Console User: Nintendo Wii

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:49 am

Thanks, need to try since I'm compiling Dolphin Wink I'll post results as soon as I'll try.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nosound97
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 6:51 am

I've tried changing it, but it gave me a lot of problems: Brawl hanged on startup and I got controller desyncs (without any error) in Melee. Seems like it would better leave so Razz
Back to top Go down
userpasswordpassport

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 3:12 pm

i need to learn how to compile dolphin, because i have some ideas about that.
teach me
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
userpasswordpassport

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:45 pm

nosound.97 wrote:
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/wiki/WindowsBuild

That's all you need Smile

i know but some thing doesnt work on my pc (windows Vista Ultimate x64), i download tortoise and i cant found the option on the explorer, teach me how can i do everything in that tutorial.
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Download and install Tortoise SVN, then create any folder, right click on it and press "SVN Checkout" and type address putted in tutorial Wink

Then you need Visual Studio 2008 with DirectX SDK installed and paths set. Go to folder you made checkout on\Source choose Dolphin.sln and then Release - Win32 or x64.

That's how it works Wink
Back to top Go down
userpasswordpassport

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm

nosound.97 wrote:
Download and install Tortoise SVN, then create any folder, right click on it and press "SVN Checkout" and type address putted in tutorial Wink

Then you need Visual Studio 2008 with DirectX SDK installed and paths set. Go to folder you made checkout on\Source choose Dolphin.sln and then Release - Win32 or x64.

That's how it works Wink

ok, doesnt works, nothing happen when i press right click on a folder, i cant see the option SVN Chekout
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 12:53 pm

I don't know what to do then. I've installed Tortoise SVN and got everything to work :s
Back to top Go down
userpasswordpassport

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 pm

nosound.97 wrote:
I don't know what to do then. I've installed Tortoise SVN and got everything to work :s

can you test some numbers on cpu_time ratio, and compile a stable version please, like 2960, because i get 20-30 fps on mario galaxy, try to get with not much sedync in controllers, bye
Back to top Go down
nosound.97
Administrator
Administrator
nosound.97

Console User

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 am

It really seems to be "dirty" and you need to make changes in other core files to get this to work properly. Wait for Dolphin devs.
Back to top Go down
cmccmc
cmccmc

Console User
Console User: NDS

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 5:46 pm

This will be unstable no matter what you do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code   Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing  CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code Empty

Back to top Go down

Increasing Speed in Dolphin changing CPU_TIMER_RATIO in source code
Page 1 of 1